About Little Trendyz
Little Trendyz is a growing baby clothing line with the feature product, “Little Zippyz”- a onezie pajama that zips from ankle to belly with three snap buttons on the chest. The idea behind the product is to make diaper changes easier for the caregiver and more comfortable for the baby. The patented Little Zippyz design has garnered national attention with PopSugar Moms naming Little Zippys as one of The 5 Fastest Ways to Change Your Baby and attracted the attention of celebrity and fashion designer Giuliana Rancic.
What makes Little Trendyz special is that it is a mom-owned company created and run by a mother whose inspiration comes from her own experience caring for her little one. The company is all about creating comfort for babies, keeping their skin warm and safe from clothing irritation. The patented Zippyz design cuts down on diaper changing time by more than 50%, making nighttime diaper changes easier, keeping the baby warm and calm.
The target audience for Little Trendyz is any caregiver of child 0-12 months. This primarily includes new parents, but it also includes relatives and friends of new parents. With a huge retail market for baby showers, there are big possibilities for also marketing Little Trendyz not just to expecting mothers but also to friends and family of expecting mothers, focusing on women ages 18-55.
- The unique design is patented
- The newness of the product makes it special, exciting, and a great gift
- Available for purchase directly through website
- Press coverage, includes a Huggies MomInspired grant award and Popsugar Moms
- Not currently available in big box stores
- Low online presence, only found easily online with “Little Trendyz” or “Zippyz”
- Inactive blog and inconsistent social media presence
- Profile Zippyz as the time-saving p.j. for new moms and the perfect baby shower gift
- Boost SEO ranking with blog and social media activity
- Seek celebrity endorsements from women known to like the product (Rosie Pope, Guiliana Rancic).
- Incorporate seasonal and personalized designs/patterns (when financing permits)
- A few other innovative onezie designs marketed toward the same target audience (magnetic snaps)
- Potential for big retailers to offer a similar design at a lower cost
Benefits of IMC
Little Trendyz would benefit tremendously with an IMC (integrated marketing communication) strategy using various multimedia channels. An IMC strategy will allow Little Trendyz to create and nurture profitable relationships with consumers and stakeholders, strategically controlling and influencing messaging and encouraging dialogue.
In short, IMC will create a consistent look, feel, and message across a variety of media. Utilizing several different types of media (email, social, and websites) increases brand awareness and sends a professional and reassuring message to consumers and stakeholders. A study by Direct Mail Information Services shows that “60% of consumers prefer a combination of mail and online communications compared to one channel alone.” In terms of the bottom line, evidence supports an increase in sales when incorporating an IMC strategy. According to InfoTrends, “Marketers report an average improvement of 35% for using multi-media campaigns using print, email, and web landing pages.”
Included in this plan is an evaluation of current marketing efforts and suggestions for an integrated marketing communications strategy related to Little Trendyz’s website, blog, social media, and events.
 Duncan, T. (2002). IMC: Using Advertising & Promotion to Build Brands (First Edition). New York: McGraw-Hill.